Frequently asked questionsAbout recruitment, applications and the HR Manager Talent Recruiter-system.
1. I have problems with uploading an application, what do I do?
If you are experiencing trouble uploading your application, then please check whether you have remembered:
- To fill in all mandatory fields
- To upload all required documents and then press 'Add'
If you are still experiencing problems, try to change your browser. Our job application system communicates best with a Chrome-browser.
If you still have problems, please contact email@example.com
If the deadline is imminent and you still have technical problems with submitting your application, please fill out this form.
2. I prefer to send you an unsolicited application, what do I do?
Unfortunately we do not accept unsolicited applications.
We therefore kindly ask you to keep an eye on the vacancies posted on our website and apply when you find a position that fits your aspirations and qualifications.
We also encourage you to subscribe to the Job Agent on our website. You will receive email notifications when there are job postings that match your profile. Subscribe to our Job Agent here.
Occasionally, we have CV pools or rosters where you can add your CV to one or several types of positions. These will also be posted on our Current Vacancies-page.
3. I don’t know how to write an application. Do you have any tips?
When you apply for a vacancy at DRC, it is important that you reflect on the tasks and qualifications in the vacancy. When you apply for a position at DRC you should attach your CV and your cover letter. If we want to see other documents, such as exam papers or recommendations, we will specify this in the job advert.
We recommend that you attach documents in PDF-format instead of Word. Files must not exceed 10 MB.
4. I would like to be deployed with Danish Refugee Council, what do I do?
Danish Refugee Council only deploys employees that are already employed within the organization.
5. I did not receive a confirmation regarding my application. Did you receive it?
If the application is successful, you will receive a confirmation email – please check your spam filter if necessary. If you have not received any confirmation, try to apply again. If you still have problems, please fill out our support form here
6. I have previously applied for positions within Danish Refugee Council but I have forgotten my password
It is possible to get a new password by clicking “Forgot Password”. Please be aware that the new password might end up in your spam mail. If you still experience difficulties please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. I have submitted my application but I would like to modify it
It is possible to make changes in your application until the application deadline by logging on to your profile.
After the application deadline it is not possible to make changes in the application.
8. I have noticed a vacancy within Danish Refugee Council, but it is not on your website. What do I do?
Our vacancies page contains numerous available positions, and we therefore recommend you to use the categories for sorting to easier find the relevant position. Please note that if the deadline has expired the position is no longer visible or possible to apply for. The majority of our vacancies’ deadline is 23:59 local time.
9. I have applied for a position, when will I hear from you?
We strive to answer all candidates as soon as possible, but sometimes it takes up to two months for us to finalize a recruitment process. We kindly ask you to remain patient.
10. I have received a rejection email, but I would like to get individual feedback
At Danish Refugee Council we do not have the capacity to give individual feedback for applicants who have not been invited to an interview. We usually receive a large number of qualified applications from all over the world. We select candidates for an interview based on the criteria written in the vacancy.
11. I would like to apply for an internship in Danish Refugee Council
Internships for students enrolled in higher education programs
Internships for students are posted on our Current vacancies-page. It is not possible to predict what kind of internships we will offer in the future as it changes yearly. The previous years we have only offered a limited number of internships in Denmark and very few spots abroad.
Internships and wage subsidy
We have limited opportunity to take in interns for a short period. However, once in a while we recruit candidates for wage subsidy positions. These will be posted on our Current vacancies-page.
Primary school internships
Unfortunately, we do not offer internships for students in primary or high school.
12. I would like to do voluntary work, what do I do?
Contact Frivilligafdelingen in Dansk Flygtningehjælp to volunteer in Denmark. Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply for volunteering positions abroad.
13. I have questions regarding terms of employment, wages or terms of conditions
Our national positions follow the wages, terms and working conditions of the collective agreements in the relevant country. This is specified in the job advert.
14. What does the term ‘National Contract’ mean?
'National Contract' means that the position is offered on national terms and conditions. It is therefore not an expat position and expat terms and conditions do not apply. The vacant position is still open for all nationalities as long as a work visa can be obtained.